Do you know women in the Australian wine community who are doing great things and deserve some recognition?
Nominate them for an award in the 2018 Australian Women in Wine Awards, entries for which are now open.
For more details visit https://womeninwineawards.com.au/
This year’s award categories are:
• Winemaker of the Year – sponsored by Tonnellerie Saint Martin;
• Viticulturist of the Year – sponsored by Wine Australia;
• Researcher/Innovator of the Year – sponsored by Angove Family Wines;
• Marketer of the Year – sponsored by Denomination;
• Cellar Door Person of the Year – sponsored by Platinum Bags;
• Workplace Champion of Change – sponsored by the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia;
• Owner/Operator – sponsored by WineWorks Australia; and
• Woman of Inspiration – sponsored by Irvine Wines.
Now in its fourth year, the Australian Women in Wine Awards – which were started in 2015 – are the first and (still) the only awards platform for women in wine.
Member of the 2018 AWIWA Advisory Board, Jeni Port, said that while the Australian wine industry has enthusiastically embraced the Australian Women in Wine Awards there is still much work to do.
“While participation rates of women in the industry remain low – way below 50 percent across the board – we have our work cut out. We are not complacent, and the industry shouldn’t be either,” she said.
“This year we need more women to step forward and enter the awards, be visible and be there for women coming through.”
The Australian Women in Wine Awards – owned and operated by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society and conducted with the assistance of an advisory board of industry leaders – works to celebrate and reward the work of women in the Australian wine community, and community leaders who champion equality and fairness for all sexes in the workplace.
Previous winners include Prue Henschke (Viticulturist of the Year, 2016), Sue Hodder (Woman of Inspiration, 2017) and Virginia Willcock (Winemaker of the Year, 2017).
The winners will be announced on Friday 16 November at the first-ever Australian Women in Wine Symposium and Awards Day at Quay Restaurant in Sydney. Registrations for this history-making event are also open.
The awards are entirely funded by sponsorship. This year’s Gold Partners include CRU, Vintrace, Pernod-Ricard Winemakers and WBM – Australia’s Wine Business Magazine.