Consumers have embraced the opportunity to purchase their favourite brands online and are increasingly receptive to purchasing directly from wineries.
Wineries who have redeployed staff to making phone sales are reaping the rewards of higher sales and enhanced loyalty among customers and club members.
“Making outbound calls to your database should be part of your DTC strategy right now, and like any strategy it requires a solid plan to implement successfully,” Robin Shaw from Wine Tourism Australia says.
In a 90-minute webinar on Tuesday 26 May from 9.30am to 11am, Robin Shaw, Lesley Berglund from WISE Academy and outbound sales coach Susan Cole will share their expert knowledge on the tools required to increase revenue using your outbound phone sales channel.
- Managing teams: key characteristics of successful outbound callers, motivating staff and raising confidence levels.
- Managing metrics: establishing KPIs for callers, developing financial projections and analysing results for future campaigns.
- Managing lists: segmenting your customers and members into relevant call lists, updating and cleaning data.
- Creating offers: developing relevant time-based offers for each segment.
- Marketing & Communication: identifying appropriate call times, establishing protocols for calls and follow-up by phone and email, handling objections and securing future business.
This webinar is for winery owners, cellar door, wine club and direct sales managers interested in implementing or improving the skills of their outbound phone sales teams. Time will be allocated to answer your questions and a Checklist will be provided for participants.
This workshop is being offered free of charge to all Australian wine producers.
Mastering outband phone sales
How do you connect with customers in a meaningful way when you can’t speak to them face to face? Simply pick up the phone and have a conversation, Robin Shaw says.
“As home-bound consumers have pivoted quickly to purchasing online, so too have savvy wineries committed to maintaining engagement with their loyal customers,” she says.
“Phone sales are the perfect way to increase revenue and should be part of your direct sales strategy.
“However, selling over the phone requires special skills and dedicated staff, which is why many wineries outsource this activity.
“Now is the ideal time to upskill your team in the art of selling by phone – which is really just relationship selling via a different medium.
“The skills learnt will also enhance cellar door sales when visitors return.”
Robin Shaw from Wine Tourism Australia, phone sales coach Susan Cole and Jenn Warrington from WISE Academy are presenting a three-part practical series on the subject.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the psychology of sales.
- Confronting the fear of making outbound sales calls.
- Building long-term customer relationships.
- How to make a positive impression.
- How to craft re-usable scripts.
- Practical elements of calling, making offers and recording outcomes.
- How to overcome objections and close sales.
- Advanced sales techniques.
- Developing strategies for personal success.
All participants will receive a Workbook which will be used throughout the course and Certificate of Completion upon successful completion.
Dates: Session 1 – Tuesday 2 June; Session 2 – Thursday 4 June; Session 3 – Thursday 11 June. Time: 9:30am to 12.30pm ACST.
Normally valued at $450, they are offering special Covid-19 pricing for Australian wineries at just $150 (+GST) per person for all three sessions.
“If you’d like your staff to participate but can’t quite afford the investment right now, please contact us directly and we’ll work something out for you,” Robin says.
This is a practical, hands-on workshop and each participant will need to log in separately via Zoom under their own name and have access to a video camera and audio. This is not a pre-recorded course and will not be available for future access.
It is not possible to register for a single session.