Margaret River’s six Jimmy Watson Trophy winning wines are up for grabs in the Margaret River Region Online Auction for Bushfire Relief which is running until 7 February.
“Although thousands of kilometres from the bushfires, the Margaret River community, like everyone, has been moved by the impact on the environment and loss faced by their friends and industry colleagues in other regions of Australia,” says Amanda Whiteland, CEO of the Margaret River Wine Association.
The Jimmy Watson Trophy winners are: Cape Mentelle Cabernet Sauvignon 1982, Cape Mentelle Cabernet Sauvignon 1983, Flametree Cabernet Merlot 2007, Joseph River Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2009, Deep Woods Estate Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 and Xanadu Cabernet Sauvignon 2016.
Margaret River wine and tourism industries have donated more than 50 auction lots to the Margaret River Region Online Auction for Bushfire Relief which is loaded with rare wines, amazing experiences and breathtaking accommodation.
The auction aims to raise $100,000 and is a collaborative between the Margaret River Wine Association and the Margaret River Busselton Tourism Association .
Funds raised will be split between the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund and regional causes recommended by Wine Australia and Australian Grape & Wine.
Visit www.32auctions.com/MargaretRiver4FireRelief to place a bid.
Auction Lots include
• Margaret River’s six Jimmy Watson Trophy Winning wines – starting bid $2,500
• A vertical 12 bottle collection of Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay – starting bid $2,000
• A Voyager Estate Stay, Wine & Dine experience – starting bid $1,000
• Ticket to Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting – starting bid $350
• A Helicopter Tour and Tasting – starting bid $1,000
• 7 days at luxury holiday home for 12 people in Augusta – starting bid $5,000
• Jeroboam of Victory Point Rosé – starting bid $50